The Aerodrome Flight Information Services (AFIS) Basic and Rating Course equips learners with the appropriate theoretical and practical knowledge to further their career as AFIS Officers (AFISO).
Designed in accordance with german (FSPersAV), Europaen (EASA )and ICAO standards and recommendations the AFIS course consists of applicable theoretical training combined with practical exercises in a tower simulator enabling the learner to experience true to life scenarios.
Aimed at individuals who wishes to pursue a career or further their Air Traffic Services opportunities the result of successful completion is the essential knowledge to start further Unit Training and endorsements to serve as AFISO.
Prior aviation-specific knowledge is helpful but not necessary.
• Enabling the learner to pursue ATS unit training as an Aerodrome Fight Information Services Officer in
accordance with German, EASA and ICAO standards and recommendations.
• Aeronautical radio services
• Aircraft and aeronautics
• Air traffic control procedures
• Aviation English
• Aviation law
• Human Factors
• Operating environment & procedures
• Practical flight data processing
• Practical simulated services
• Technical air traffic control systems
• Weather science
• Airports which have a need for AFISO
• Individuals who wish to pursue AFISO Rating
Length & Scope
• 4 ½ week Basic Course
• 3 ½ week Rating Course
• Assessment is both theory and practical evaluations in accordance to regualtions
• The courses build on each other, but can also be booked separately
Registration at our Homepage